Having taught and worked with teachers for nearly thirty years, it goes without saying that I love visiting classrooms! A number of teachers have graciously invited me to their classrooms to present on a number of topics. I’m also more than happy to do a reading from one of my books as well.
I’ve presented on the following topics to students from Grades One through Twelve.
- My Writing Journey: How I Became a Self-published Author
- The Five Writing Milestones: Why Your Story Needs Them
- How to Write Adventure and Fairy Tale Genres
- How to come up with a story idea using memory chains, heart maps and quick writes using mentor texts
- I have to edit? How to do it using highlighting
- How books are made: traditionally and self-published
- One-0n-One critique sessions with budding young writers
If you have a different topic that I can cover for you, please let me know. You can contact me for classroom visits or Skype calls at firstname.lastname@example.org